Fashion Event: Longchamp Flagship Store opens in Kuala Lumpur

11:30 PM



In my years of being a half bag-aholic (not as crazy as a full-on bag-aholic), I would've never thought that I'd even consider a Longchamp bag. Longchamp, known for their Le Pliage bags just never struck my chords. Maybe the most, was recently, when I realized that I needed a weekend traveling bag - between a backpack, or a stylish carry-all. I took a visit to the newly opened Longchamp flagship store in Pavilion (right across Topshop on ground floor) and I was pleasantly surprised to find that Longchamp is more than just the Le Pliage. I have to admit, that I've probably seen one in five ladies, even in my closest group of girl friends. 



I entered the brightly lit store greeted by their friendly staff who were ready to answer any enquiries I had. They told me about the history of the brand, showed me around the store and explained the bags in detail. Of course, the first thing I saw was the wall of Le Pliage, but there is so much more in the store than that.



Longchamp started over 60 years ago by Jean Cassegrain and remains as a French family-run luxury brand up until this day creating artisan handbags and other leather goods - mostly requires up to 250 processes and majority of it by hand. They even hired Coco Rocha recently as the face of Longchamp to embody the modern women who are energetic, vibrant and fresh. I must say that their bags combine practicality and design in one, creating bags which are perfect for everyday wear. 











The Longchamp store in Pavilion also displayed an array of man bags, from large canvas satchels to full-leather messengers that fits an active man who needs a bag that would take them everywhere. I honestly find that their man bags are pretty interesting, and would consider them myself. Keeping up with the latest trends, Longchamp carries large man bags for traveling in camouflage prints (as an example) while the leather panels give a tasteful classy touch to it. 



Longchamp have also ventured into other wearable items such as ready-to-wear clothing and footwear, which are available at the Pavilion store in limited pieces off the runway. The clothing was minimal in design, suitable for the classy, more mature ladies who prefers sophisticated pieces. 


The main highlight of the day was the new Le Pliage Cuir, available in both Spring/ Summer and Fall/ Winter hues in various sizes. The Le Pliage Cuir, out of the best selling Le Pliage style was inspired by traveling women and the Japanese art of Origami - the bags are foldable into a smaller piece allowing it to be packed as an extra bag when in need. As a person who travels a lot, I find that this concept is a gem in having a long-lasting practical carry-all. Even the nylon version is waterproof, so you can pack extra clothing for that weekend getaway, or as a cabin bag when your check-in luggage is filled to the brim.


The best part about the opening of this new Longchamp flagship store in Pavilion is that for a limited time in November 2013, they are offering the chance for customers to Sur Mesure, or personalise their Le Pliage with a selections of colours, shapes and sizes according to your preference. The service is only available in certain countries online, but Malaysian fans can now experience this special service at their store. The options are endless, as there are a myriad of colors, hardware, length of handle and the option to embroider or emboss your initials on the bag - this allows you to have that one-of-a-kind bag unlike any other Le Pliage. Each bag takes up to 8 weeks to be processed as they will be made in Longchamp's original workshop so if you order as soon as possible, it might arrive in time for Christmas or New Year's making it the perfect gift for the stylish city girl on the go. 


By the way, since I travel a lot and would usually carry a cabin bag to stuff my extra items in, guess what did I manage to score at the new Longchamp store in Pavilion? 



^.^


Next on my wish list? Definitely this one... yay or nay?





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. haiqal7:57 PM

    double yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like this one, I now want to buy a Handbag, longchamp liked, but I do not know that a good pick , you help to the point.buy-longchamp

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe