My friend Miriam came over recently and since she prefers to eat fish I searched high and low for a simply fish dish. One caught my attention as it's simple to create and you can hardly go wrong with this dish. All you need is an oven and a fresh catch and you're set for a light yummy tropical dish.
- Fish fillets (any white, freshwater fish would be great)
- 1 tbspn of olive oil
- crushed peppercorn & salt
- Cayenne powder
- Fresh Dill
- Dry white wine (optional)
- Dried Oregano
- A stalk of leek, sliced.
- Chopped garlic
- Tap excess water from the fish with kitchen towel, place it on a foiled baking pan.
- Sprinkle all the herbs and condiments, drizzle olive oil over the fish. Add a dash of white wine (non-halal, optional). Put the leek over the fish.
- Bake it in the oven until fully cooked. If you like your fish charred, quickly sear it over the pan on high heat once it's out of the oven.
- Fresh ripe mango
- Fresh tomatoes
- Bell pepper
- Yellow Onion
- Chop all the ingredients into cubes, mix them together and drizzle it all over the baked fish.