PUPA Milano Is Now In Sasa Malaysia

11:30 AM


I've recently been introduced to PUPA Milano, an Italian makeup brand that is finally available in Sasa stores nationwide. As part of their latest release, a number of beauty bloggers including yours truly were treated to a makeup demonstration by their International Makeup Artist, Giorgio Forgani on the latest seasonal trend with their limited edition Autumn 2016 collection, Velvet Garden


The hues for this season's limited edition collection fits the gloomy weather of Autumn. There are earthy and plum-burgundy tones in all of the products - eyeshadow palettes, mascara, eye pencil and their lipsticks. Their selections are based on the trending looks of the Italian beauty scene with some matte and shimmery colors to create a vampy look that is easy to blend and would go well with all the parties this year-end holidays. Here are some of the products you might want to check out from PUPA at Sasa Malaysia stores:



PUPA Velvet Garden PUPART EYE MAKEUP PALETTE (RM125)


There are two palettes for this collection, one with more neutral earthy shades and the one that caught my attention most is the one with pink-purple shades. The texture was buttery soft which made blending easy while the color payoff varies. I guess it depends on your skin tone but as for me (medium skin tone), some of the colors were very visible (especially the shimmery ones) while the matte shades were dull in comparison. However, the matte shade would be great as a base or as a daily color and lined with eyeliner and heavy lashes. My favorite would be the rose gold and the purple color as they both go together very well to create a glamorous smoky look. Although this collection is meant to give the vampy look, the eyeshadow palettes could go just as well for a natural daily look. 

PUPA Velvet Garden Blush (RM99)


The blush isn't my ultimate favorite as I'm used to more coral, brown tones for my cheeks but I could see how this would become mass favorite - I know my mom would love this blusher as it looks beautiful and the colors are much more suited for a rosy flush. There are three shades within one compact casing meant for slight contouring, blushing and highlight. The texture is soft and it blends quite easily. I was pleasantly surprised as to how the pigments appeared on my skin. It was still not my favorite shade, but it was not garish either. If I were to pick up the East Asian style of applying blusher (under the eyes) I would definitely go for this one. 



PUPA Velvet Garden VAMP! Intense Smoky Maxi Eye Pencil (RM65)


I was quite a skeptic with this product at first. Being someone who loves my liners sharp and precise, I am never a fan of jumbo eye pencils unless if it were meant for artsy purposes. However, I quickly turned my opinions around when I figured out the best way to use it! I started lining the rims of my eyes with the deep purple shade (002) and blended it out with the smudger at the other end. It glides on and blends pretty easily although it takes a few times to get it even. It gives a smoky base before I packed on similar colored eyeshadow on top to set it in. I also tried it with another look to give a bit of a base for my 60's inspired cut crease. It wasn't my best attempt but I could see how I could give it another go now that I've figured out how to use it. The eye pencil also comes in black (001) that you could use to create that intense black lids look we see on runway shows. If you want thinner, sharper winged liner you could always use this with a wing liner brush. 

PUPA Velvet Garden VAMP! Exceptional Volume Mascara (RM79)


PUPA's VAMP! mascara is the top selling mascara in Italy so I just had to try it out. It was easy to apply, didn't clump nor smudge although I'm not convinced about colored mascaras just yet (the one I got was in purple). It did, however, make a good lower lash mascara. 



PUPA Velvet Garden I'm Pure Colour Lipstick (RM75)


At RM75 a pop, this lipstick could very well rival any high street makeup brands int he market. The shades offered were very flattering and although they're not something I'd wear completely on my lips, I did find that they make great ombre colors where I colored the inner part of my lips and smudged it out. It's creamy and not drying, although a layer of gloss on top wouldn't hurt to give off a more polished look. Check out the swatches below!





PUPA VELVET GARDEN GIVEAWAY


Now, why all this talk about PUPA Makeup without a GIVEAWAY! Here's what you have to do to win an entire brand-new set of the items worth RM598 I mentioned above in this blogpost:


- Upload your best selfie on Instagram with the caption "I want this limited edition Velvet Garden set from @SasaMalaysia! #sasamy #pupamy "

- Make sure your account is public (so I can see your entry), and don't forget to tag me (@haniehyd) in the photo (not in the caption) and use the hashtags #sasamy #pupamy so I won't miss your post.

- Contest ends on 11th December 2016 11.59pm. Winner will be announced shortly after deliberation.

- Open to all Malaysian residents. Winners will be chosen according to their creativity and effort
.
- All final decisions are mine to make.





Check out these two looks I created with the PUPA Velvet Garden collection and maybe it would inspire you for your selfie. Good luck and looking forward to your entries!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe